Star Community Choir

The Star Community Choir brings together past students, staff, parents and friends over the joy of music. Led by past student and Stacella Coordinator, Annemarie Sharry, the Choir meets each Thursday evening at the college for 75 minutes through the school term.

The Choir was created by the Past Students’ Association to coincide with the College’s 140th anniversary in 2023.

Friends of Star of the Sea College are invited to join the choir and enjoy the choral delights of a variety of contemporary, jazz, gospel and world music. Come along and join our amazing Star community as we make beautiful music together.

The costs for Term 2 (Thurs, 2 May – Thurs, 27 Jun) are outlined below:

Adult Casual Rate: $25 per session
Concession Casual Rate: $15 per session
Year 12 cohorts (2019 – 2023): FREE

Adult Full Term: 9 weeks, $180 ($20 per session)
Concession Full Term: 9 weeks, $135 ($15 per session)

Venue: Sandra Diafas Room (staffroom) – Heritage Building, Star of the Sea College, 80 Martin Street, Brighton

Doors open at 6.30pm for 7.00pm start (Choir is 75 mins in duration)

Please book here:

https://www.trybooking.com/CQPKA

Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to bring each week?

• Please bring your own display book for sheet music and water bottle for hydration

Do I need to have choral experience?

• No choral experience required. Passion for music and community alone will help the choir thrive and sound amazing!

Do I need to know how to read music?

• No. Most of the music will be learnt by ear.

Will I need to sing solo?

• No. The choir aims to provide a safe space for all singers of varying ability. Solo opportunities for singers wishing to be challenged may be provided as identified and developed by the Choral Director.

I would like to participate in the choir but experience challenges with mobility.

• The venue is an accessible space. The Staff Room, in the newly renovated Heritage Building, is accessed via a ramp and amenities are in close proximity to the rehearsal space. Talk to our Star Community Choir Coordinator if you require further assistance.

I’m not sure I want to commit to a whole term.

• If you don’t wish to book a full term you can pay per session at the casual fee.

Can a family member or friend join the Star Community Choir too?

• The Star Community Choir has been established for all those connected to Star of the Sea College.