Students have many opportunities to learn about and reflect on justice issues, drawing on Catholic social teaching, scripture, Presentation justice commitments and the Kildare Ministries Living Justice, Living Peace Charter.
Star of the Sea College continually strives for justice, which gives students an invitation to turn their faith into action for the betterment of the world.
- Walking in solidarity
- Seeking change
- Inviting and welcoming all
- Healing creation
By participating in planning and implementing effective justice actions, students are invited to express solidarity with those made poor in our world and to challenge structures that cause and contribute to injustice.
Students are encouraged to support action for justice by engaging in:
- College community celebrations (e.g. Foundation Day Nano’s Walk)
- House and year-level action projects supporting local organisations working for justice (e.g. Brigidine Asylum Seekers Project, Wellsprings for Women)
- Community service activities Sacred Heart Mission (Year 10), Friday Night School (Years 10, 11,12), Soup Van (Years 11, 12)
- Justice events acknowledging issues of importance in the wider community (e.g. National Reconciliation Week, Refugee Week)
Actions for justice involve prayer and reflection, awareness raising, gathering of donations and fundraising.